This pasta dish is perfect for a mid-week pick me up dinner when you’re running short on time.
- 250 g angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, chop finely
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, slice in half
- 1 bunch asparagus, trim and slice
- Finely-grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 250 g freshly cooked crab meat
- ¼ cup basil leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper (optional)
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium fire. Cook garlic for 1 min, being careful not to burn it.
Add tomatoes, asparagus and zest to pan. Cook 1 to 2 mins, until asparagus is almost tender. Add pasta and lemon juice. Toss well. Season with salt to taste. Stir crab meat through.
Remove pan from heat. Stir basil through. Serve with extra basil leaves, a drizzle of oil and some black pepper, if using.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw