Your kids will love this healthy and delicious crumbed fish with sweet potato and cauliflower chips dish!
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 tbsps olive oil, plus 1 tbsp extra
- 1 tbsp plain flour, plus 2 tbsps extra
- 1 tsp Cajun or curry seasoning
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (see tip)
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 whiting fillets
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat oven to hot, 200 C.
Cut kumera into 1 cm-thick chips. Slice up the cauliflower florets into 1 cm-thick slices.
Pat dry sweet potato and cauliflower. Toss in combined oil, flour and spice to coat. Transfer to oven tray. Drizzle with extra oil. Arrange in a single layer and season to taste. Bake 30 mins, turning once, until tender and crisp.
Meanwhile, line an oven tray with baking paper. Combine breadcrumbs and parsley in a large bowl. Season to taste. Dust fish in extra flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange fish on tray. Spray with oil. Bake with chips for last 15 to 20 mins of cooking time.
Sprinkle chips with Parmesan. Toss to coat. Return to oven 5 mins. Remove fish and chips from oven. Serve with lemon wedges.