This classic salad is given a South East Asian makeover with a sprinkle of red chillies and coriander. Even coconut milk helps add creaminess to the yummy goodness of fresh avocado. Try this recipe for a quick snack or to share with friends and family.
Watch the video guide below:
- 500 g raw tuna
- 4-5 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 2-cm ginger, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, halved
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 tbsps coconut milk
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 tsps soy sauce
Using a spoon, remove the avocado from the halved shells gently. Do not break the shells as you can use it as a serving bowl.
Finely dice the tuna and put in a bowl.
Add lime juice, coriander, coconut milk, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, sesame seeds, red chillies, avocado and mix well.
Scoop into the halved avocado shells. Garnish with chillies and coriander.
1. The tuna will cook in the lime juice.
2. It goes very well with thinly sliced toasted bread too!