Throw together what you have left in your kitchen in a mix of nuts, fruit and chicken and you would be surprised at how well this waldorf salad’s wonderful blend of sweet, savoury and tangy flavours complement each other.
Watch the video guide below:
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, roasted
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup red grapes, seedless, washed and halved
- 1 red apple, washed and diced
- ¼ cup celery, washed and diced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup honey mustard
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped and washed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Stir together chicken, red apples, grapes, celery, mayonnaise, honey mustard, lemon juice, and walnuts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve on top of a bed of lettuce. Garnish with grapes and apple slices.