It’s an easy one-dish meal for busy nights. This mouthwatering Egg Fried Rice With Prawns has vegetables and toasted sesame seeds for added crunch.
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 medium carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed (34 cup kernels)
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 8 uncooked prawns, shelled, deveined
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil; swirl around sides of wok. Add egg; swirl until the egg begins to set. When almost cooked, slide egg onto a board. Roll up and cut into small strips. Wipe out wok.
Heat wok over high heat. Add 2 tsps of oil; stir-fry onions and garlic until fragrant. Add carrot, corn, peas and cabbage; stir-fry for a further 1 min. Remove from the wok.
Heat remaining 2 tsps of in wok, stir-fry prawns until just cooked through. Add rice, stir-fry until heated through. Add water, soy sauce and carrot mixture; stir until combined.
Stir in spinach and bean sprouts. Serve topped with omelette strips and seeds.
Photo: Bauer/Brett Stevens