Vibrant and healthy, making this fish with crispy chilli salad is really simple with this easy recipe.
- 4 fillets blue eye trevalla or cod, 180 g each
- 2 tbsps light soy
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil, plus 1 tsp extra
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 cm ginger, peeled, finely julienned
- (4-cm strips)
- 4 long red chillies, seeded, shredded lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves, finely julienned
- 4 green onions, shredded lengthways
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Score skin of each fish fillet at 2 cm intervals, to 0.5 cm depth. Arrange on paper in steamer basket, skin side up.
Place steamer over a large wok or saucepan of simmering water. Spoon combined soy, honey and sesame oil over fish pieces. Steam 10 to 12 mins, until opaque and flesh flakes easily with a fork.
In a wok, heat peanut oil and extra sesame oil on high. Stir-fry ginger, chilli and garlic 1 to 2 mins. Remove from heat and toss onions through. Spoon over fish and serve with lemon.