- 2 tbsps margarine
- 2 shallots, chop finely
- 1 clove garlic, chop finely
- 4 potatoes, peel and chop into 1-cm cubes
- 2 carrots, peel and chop into 1-cm cubes
- 4 medium-size yellow onions, slice
- 150 g broccoli, cut into 3-cm florets
- 100 ml water
- 2 cubes fish bouillon/stock
- 200 ml single cream
- 1 tsp cornstarch, mix with 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 600 g salmon fillets, without skin and bones, cut into 3-cm pieces
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chop finely
- Bread, to serve
Heat margarine in a large pan over medium fire. Stir-fry shallots and garlic in pan until soft, about 3 mins.
Add potato, carrot, onion and broccoli. Mix well. Add combined water and fish bouillon. Cook over slow fire for 10 mins until the vegetables are just tender.
Stir in single cream and cornstarch mix to make soup thicker; bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add salmon pieces to the pan. Leave to soak in the flavours for 5 mins until they are completely cooked.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of parsley and bread on the side.
Photo: Norwegian Seafood Council/Dreyer-Hensley