This fried rice with lup cheong and shiitake mushrooms recipes is quick, easy and hearty enough for either lunch or dinner!
- 1½ cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 2 tsps Shao Hsing wine
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 lup cheong sausages, sliced
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, white part finely sliced,green part cut into 8-cm lengths, shredded
- 2 cm ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100 g small cooked prawns, peeled
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsps light soy sauce
Cook rice. Spread over a large tray.Refrigerate, uncovered, 2 hours or overnight to dry out. Drizzle Shao Hsing wine over.
In a wok, heat 1 tsp sesame oil on high,swirling to coat. Pour in egg, swirling tocreate a thin layer. Cook 1 min until just set. Slide from wok. Roll up andthinly slice.
Heat remaining sesame oil and peanut oil in wok on high. Stir-fry sausage and mushroom 3 to 4 mins. Add capsicum, white roots of green onion, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 min.
Mix in rice and stir-fry 3 to 4 mins. Add prawns, peas and soy sauce. Stir-fry 2 to 3 mins. Serve topped with omelette and remaining green onions.