Good for all occasions, these grilled vegetable and mozzarella toasts make great canapes or light appetisers.
- 2 zucchinis or brinjals, slice thinly lengthways
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 4 slices ciabatta or bread of your choice
- 2 tbsps sun-dried tomato paste (buy from the supermarket)
- 250 g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
- 1/2 cup capsicum slices, pan-fry lightly for 1 min with 1/2 tsp oil Basil leaves
Preheat a grill pan on high. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Lightly brush zucchini with half oil. Sprinkle with oregano. Grill 1 to 2 mins, each side, until lightly charred. Set aside.
Brush bread with remaining oil. Grill 2 mins each side, until golden and marked.
Spread bread pieces evenly with tomato paste. Transfer to tray. Top evenly with zucchini and cheese.
Grill toasts under a hot grill for 4 mins, until cheese melts. Top with sliced capsicum and basil leaves.