- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 180 g can pink salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp chopped pickled ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, plus 1 tsp extra
- 1 bunch cai xin, trimmed
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
In a large bowl, combine rice, salmon, breadcrumbs, onion, egg, ginger, soy, coriander, and chilli. Mix well. Shape into 8 even-sized, flattened patties. Chill, covered, 20 mins.
Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Fry patties in 2 batches, 3 to 4 mins each side, until golden. Drain on paper towel.
Wipe pan clean. Heat extra oil on medium. Stir-fry cai xin and tomatoes 1 to 2 mins.
Serve patties with wasabi mayonnaise (see tip) and vegetables.
For wasabi mayonnaise, combine ⅓ cup whole egg mayonnaise with 1 to 2 tsps wasabi paste.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw