An amazingly fresh-tasting toastie packed with tuna, flavourful greens and olives all sanwiched between fragrant pita bread.
- 4 large pita breads
- ⅔ cup green olive dip, plus extra, to serve
- 60 g baby spinach and beetroot leaf salad mix
- 1 cup drained roasted red capsicums, chopped
- 425 g can tuna in oil, drained
- 125 g feta cheese, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Preheat a sandwich press. For each toastie, place a piece of bread on a clean work surface. Spread with a quarter of the olive dip. Top with a quarter each of the salad mix, capsicum, tuna and feta. Drizzle with oil. Roll up to enclose filling. Secure with unwaxed kitchen string. Repeat to make 4 in total.
Cook in sandwich press, in batches, for 4 mins or until heated and toasted. Cut in half. Serve with lemon wedges and extra dip.
Photo: Rob Shaw/BauerSyndication.com.au