A chicken and bean tortilla soup that is as fast-to-fix as it is warm, tasty and comforting. Packed full of hearty ingredients like black beans, chicken pieces, and tomatoes, it is a handy recipe to keep around for days that are cold, or if you’re feeling under the weather or just in need of a tummy warmer.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 400 g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup chunky tomato salsa
- 1 chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- Tortilla strips, to serve
- Avocado, to serve
- Chopped coriander sprigs, to serve
In a medium saucepan heat oil on medium. Sauté onion, garlic and cumin 1-2 mins until onion is tender.
Mix in stock, tomatoes, beans, corn and salsa. Bring to boil. Add chicken and simmer 3-4 mins until cooked through. Remove from heat.
Stir in juice and season to taste. Serve topped with tortilla strips, avocado and coriander.