Love pizza? Love potatoes? Why not combine them into one dish? Try our recipe for pepperoni pizza baked potatoes – sure to be a hit with the family.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Pepperoni Pizza Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 400 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 small green capsicum, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp dried oregano, plus 1⁄2 tsp extra
- 50 g pepperoni slices
- 1⁄2 cup extra light sour cream
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 mins or until soft.
Add tomatoes, half the capsicum and oregano; cook and stir for 3 mins or until capsicum is tender.
Place baked potatoes on an oven tray. Spoon tomato mixture into baked potatoes. Top with pepperoni.
Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown. Top with sour cream and remaining capsicum. Serve sprinkled with extra oregano.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au