Make this lavish pickled onion and mixed cheese grill for the ultimate treat – it’s worth every calorie!
- 8 large thick slices white bread
- 50 g butter, soften in room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus Cheese
- 2⁄3 cup Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp hot mustard
- 1 cup sliced pickled onions (buy from the supermarket)
Preheat grill to hot. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
Lightly butter bread slices and sandwich together, buttered side in, making 4 stacks.
In a bowl, combine cheeses, sour cream, sauce and mustard. Mix well. Spread half the mixture evenly over top of each stack. Top evenly with half pickled onion.
Heat a large frying pan over medium fire. Carefully lift top half of each sandwich into pan, butter side down, and place remaining slice on top, buttered side up. Cook 2 to 3 mins on each side until golden and cheese has melted.
Transfer to tray. Top with remaining cheese mixture and onions. Grill 3 to 4 mins until melted and golden.
Photo: Rob Shaw/Bauer