Feel classy popping these bite-sized polenta muffins topped with smoked salmon into your mouth — and expect an explosion of moist and smoky goodness wash over you. To serve, top with salmon, sour cream, and rode and dill.
- ¾ cup (110 g) plain flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup (55 g) instant polenta
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tbsps salted capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsps chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp finely chopped dill
- ½ cup (125g) milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 150 g smoked salmon, cut into 2cm strips to serve
- 120 g sour cream, to serve
- Salmon roe and fresh dill to garnish
Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease mini muffin pans (30-ml capacity).
Combine the flour, polenta, baking powder, capers, parsley and dill in a bowl and mix well. Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
In a jug, whisk together the milk, oil and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. Spoon about 3 tsps of the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 20 mins. Remove from oven and cool.
Photo: John Paul Urizar/bauersyndication.com.au