- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 g pork scotch fillet steak
- 2 tbsps kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 100 g instant vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- 100 g snow peas, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned,
- ½ punnet snow-pea sprouts, halved
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Cook pork 2 to 3 mins each side.
Add sweet soy and vinegar to pan and bring to the boil. Turn pork to coat in glaze. Transfer to a plate. Set aside, loosely covered with foil, 5 mins. Slice thinly.
Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with just-boiled water. Soak 4 to 5 mins until softened, then drain well and refresh under cold water.
In a large salad bowl, combine noodles and pork with all remaining ingredients except sesame seeds. Drizzle with any leftover glaze in pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
You can transform this dish and make it party special by adding some cooked, peeled tiger prawns and chopped fresh pineapple.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw