- 2 tsps olive oil
- 300 g pork fillet
- 200 g dried bee hoon, cook in boiling water for 20 mins or until soft, drain
- ½ pineapple, peel, core and slice thinly
- ½ bunch mint, pick leaves only
- 1 shallot, slice finely
- Crushed peanuts and sliced chilli, to serve
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 3 tbsps lemon or lime juice
Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high fire. Add pork and cook for 5 to 6 mins, turning to cook for another 4 mins. Remove from pan and allow to rest, covered with foil, for 5 mins before slicing.
To prepare dressing, combine sugar and fish sauce in a pan. Stir over low fire until sugar dissolves. Stir in juice.
On a platter, combine noodles, pineapple, mint and shallot with half the dressing. Toss well. Top with sliced pork. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with nuts and chilli to serve.
Photo: Bauer/Scott Hawkins