- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 4 Chinese sausages, chopped
- 4 rashers rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen Asian stir-fry vegetables
- 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g green prawns, peeled, finely chopped
- 2½ cups long grain white rice, cooked
- ¼ cup Chinese cooking wine
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp char siew sauce
- shredded green onions, to serve
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or large frying pan on high. Stir-fry sausage and bacon 1 to 2 mins, until lightly browned. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry 30 secs. Transfer to a plate.
Heat another 1 tbsp oil in wok. Stir-fry Asian vegetables, capsicum and celery 1 min. Transfer to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in wok, swirling to coat sides. Pour in egg, tilting wok to make a thin omelette. Cook 1 min, until almost set. Add prawns and stir-fry 1 min, breaking up omelette. Toss rice through and stir-fry 1 to 2 mins.
Return sausage, bacon and vegetables to wok with wine and sauces. Toss to combine and stir-fry 1 to 2 mins to heat through.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw