- 400 g salmon fillets, without skin and bones, cut into large cubes
- 1 tbsp ground fennel
- 1 tbsp ground clove
- 1 tbsp ground chilli
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 pcs pita bread, warm
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Half a cucumber, cut into wedges
- 200 g feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 3 shallots, slice
- 100 g black olives
- 2 tbsps fresh oregano, chop
- 2 tbsps olive oil
TZATZIKI (cucumber yoghurt dip)
- 1 cucumber, peel, remove seeds and cut lengthways
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, mince
- 1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Heat the grill. Meanwhile, thread four cubes of salmon onto each skewer. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 mins before using. This prevents them from burning during grilling.
Mix ground fennel, clove, chilli and salt together. Roll threaded salmon in spice mix. Tap lightly to remove excess spice.
Grill salmon skewers 2 mins on each side. Remove from grill and keep warm.
Meanwhile, prepare the salad by combining the tomato, cucumber, cheese and shallots in a large bowl. Add olives and oregano. Drizzle olive oil over.
To prepare the dip, grate cucumber coarsely. Sprinkle salt over cucumber and let it rest for 15 mins before straining away the liquid. Combine with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve salmon skewers with pita bread, Greek salad and tzatziki.
Photo: Norwegian Seafood Council/ Dreyer-Hensley