- 1 large chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup seasoned flour (see tip)
- 2 tbsps sesame seeds
- 2 x 90 g bundles soba noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced diagonally
- Oil, for shallow frying
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup ready-made ponzu sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
Dip chicken strips into beaten egg, then coat in combined flour and seeds. Chill 15 mins or until required.
In a saucepan of boiling water, cook noodles following packet instructions. Add broccolini for final minute of cooking time. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium. Fry chicken 4 to 5 mins, turning, until cooked through and golden. Drain on paper towel.
Transfer noodle mixture to a large bowl with avocado, onion, ponzu and ginger. Toss well to combine. Serve with sesame chicken.
Seasoned flour is plain flour with added seasonings of choice – salt, pepper, herbs.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw