Not only does this smoked salmon salad look amazing, it’s great for your body too!
- 500 g baby potatoes, wash well
- 2 cups fresh broad beans
- 425 g canned beetroot, cut into 3-cm wedges
- 1 small red onion, slice finely
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 x 150 g smoked salmon fillets
- Bread, to serve
DRESSING (whisk together):
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill (optional)
- 2 tbsps mustard
Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil over high fire. Once boiling, reduce fire to medium and cook for 8 to 10 mins, until tender. Cool slightly and slice into chunks.
Bring a small saucepan of salted water to boil over high fire. Add broad beans and blanch (cook lightly) for 1 min or until just tender. Refresh in cold water. Drain well.
In a bowl, combine potatoes, beans, beetroot, onion, spinach and mint. Drizzle over half the dressing. Toss gently to combine.
Remove skin from salmon and flake fish over salad. Drizzle with extra dressing and serve with bread, if you like.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw