- 375 g spaghetti
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps baby capers, drained
- 4 long red chillies, seeded, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tomatoes, seeded, diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley, plus extra leaves to serve
- 1 squid hood, thinly sliced into rings
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water following packet instructions.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat half the oil on medium. Cook onion, capers, chilli and garlic 8-10 mins, stirring, until soft. Stir tomato and parsley through. Simmer 4-5 mins.
Meanwhile, in a second frying pan, heat remaining oil on high. Cook squid 3 to 4 mins until just cooked.
Add sauce and squid to spaghetti. Toss 1-2 mins on medium. Sprinkle with extra parsley. Serve with lemon.
Photo: Scott Hawkins/bauersyndication.com.au