- 4 x 40 cm squares banana leaves
- ¹⁄³ cup chilli jam
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsps tamarind concentrate
- 4 x 150 g boneless firm white fish fillets, skin removed
- Japanese cucumber, seeded, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 limes, segmented
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves
- 2 long red chillies, seeded, shredded
Preheat oven to 180 C. Dip each banana leaf into boiling water to soften. Refresh under cold, running water. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix chilli jam, juice, fish sauce and tamarind. Top each leaf with fish and drizzle mixture over. Fold sides of banana leaves over and roll up to enclose the filling. Secure with kitchen string.
Place parcels on an oven tray. Bake 10 to 15 mins, or until just cooked through and flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
To prepare salad, toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve salad with opened parcels.
Photo: Bauer/Rob Shaw