Give the usual Thai green curry a miss tonight and try out this gorgeous Thai-style fish with coconut sauce instead.
- 4 white fish fillets (180 g each)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Broccoli, steamed, to serve
- Snow peas, to serve
- ¼ cup Knife Thai Fish Sauce (Reduced Salt)
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 3 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Place each piece of fish on 30 cm square piece of baking paper.
Prepare the marinade by combining Knife Thai Fish Sauce (Reduced Salt) and all the other marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon a little over the fish, reserving 1 tbsp.
Gather all sides of individual baking paper together and tie with string to form a loose parcel. Place on an oven tray. Bake 12 to 15 mins, until fish is cooked.
In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, sugar and reserved marinade. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer 2 mins, and then stir in lime juice.
Serve fish with sauce, and sprinkle with extra chilli and coriander. Accompany with steamed greens.
Photo: Bauer/Women’s Day/Rob Shaw