Craving a healthy stir fry without the calories? Try this awesome recipe for tofu with stir fried greens!
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 325 g packet firm tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, stems and leaves, separated
- 1 bunch choy sum, stems and leaves, separated
- ¼ cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 lime, juiced, plus lime wedges, to serve
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
In a large dish, combine soy sauce and garlic. Add tofu, tossing to coat. Marinate for 10 mins, turning once. Drain and reserve marinade.
Heat half the oil in a large deep-drying pan. Cook the tofu in 2 batches on medium heat, for 1 to 2 mins each side, until golden. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in same clean pan on high. Stir-fry onion for 2 to 3 mins, then add vegetable stems. Stir-fry for another 1 to 2 mins.
Add leaves. Stir-fry for 1 min. Toss reserved marinade, kecap manis and lime juice through. Stir-fry for 1 min. Serve with rice and lime.
Bauer/Woman’s Day/ Photo: Rob Shaw
Text: Luisa Dewal