Jazz up a plain baked potato with some tomato and spinach. These ingredients are easily accessible so you can prepare a simple meal without much fuss.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Semi-Dried Tomato &Spinach Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 60 g baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup drained sun-dried tomato strips
- 1⁄2 cup drained chopped mixed olives
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Meanwhile, combine the ricotta and spinach in a bowl.
Spoon the ricotta mixture into the baked potatoes. Then, place on an oven tray. Top with tomato and olives. Bake for 10 mins or until golden brown.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au