Cook these chicken from the drumstick to the thigh in the slow cooker for a tender, succulent texture. This apricot chicken needs next to no effort to prepare and is the ultimate fuss-free recipe for comforting family dinners.
- 45 g (1½ ounce) packet cream of chicken simmer soup mix
- 405 ml (13½ ounces) canned apricot nectar
- 6 chicken Marylands (2.1 kg)
- 1 medium leek (350 g), white part only, sliced thickly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup (75 g) dried apricot halves
- ¼ cup (20 g) slivered almonds, toasted
- Fresh micro herbs, to serve (optional)
Serve with almond couscous and steamed green beans.