Honey mustard chicken sounds like a handful to make, but not with a slow cooker that will take care of the heavy lifting for you. With chicken thigh cutlets, celery, baby carrots and peas, there’s no doubt this will be a hearty one that will make you feel good.
- 2 tbsps cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 tsps dry mustard powder
- ½ cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- ¼ cup (70 g) wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsps honey
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.6 kg)
- 1 medium leek (350 g), trimmed, sliced thickly
- 2 celery stalks (300 g), rimmed, sliced thickly
- 400 g baby carrots, peeled
- 1 cup (120 g) frozen peas
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) pouring cream
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
TIP Serve with mashed potato. Chicken thigh cutlets usually come with the skin and centre bone intact, although sometimes they can be found without the skin. Poultry shops and most major supermarkets will sell them. We used chardonnay-style wine. This recipe is not suitable to freeze.