Perfect for parties or just a fun weekend dinner, these spicy crab and prawn fritters are crunchy, tasty and satisfying. To elevate the flavour, dip one of these fritters in this chilli lime dipping sauce (recipe below).
Spicy crab and prawn fritters
- 650 g uncooked large king prawns
- 2 x 170g cans crab meat, drained
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsps fresh lemon grass, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh small red Thai chilli, chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
Chilli lime dipping sauce
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps water
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 2 tsps white sugar
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded finely
- 1 fresh small red Thai chilli, chopped finely
Shell and devein prawns, blend or process with crab, paste, egg, onion,coriander, lemon grass and chilli until just combined. Using hands, shape level tablespoons of mixture into fritter shapes.
Make chilli lime dipping sauce. Whisk ingredients together in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
Heat oil in large frying pan, cook fritters, in batches, until golden brown and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve fritters with chilli lime dipping sauce.
To save time, buy 400 g of shelled uncooked prawns. If you can’t find a kaffir lime leaf, just use 1 teaspoon of finely grated lime rind.