Dress up your baked potatoes with a simple topping of zucchini and sausage. You’ll be surprised by how easy it is to level up your basic baked potatoes.
Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps light olive oil
- 4 equal-sized (about 200 g each floury potatoes (such as Dutch Creams)
Zucchini And Sausage Baked Potatoes
- 1 quantity Basic Baked Potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 300 g Italian style sausages, casing removed, rolled into small balls
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 60 g feta, crumbled
Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Make Basic Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 200 C/180 C fan-forced. Brush potatoes with oil. Season with salt. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on an oven tray. Bake for 55 mins or until tender. Stand for 5 mins. Remove foil.
- Using a small, sharp knife, make a cross-cut in the top of the potatoes, not going all the way through. Use hands to gently push potato to open out the cross-cut and expose potato flesh.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over moderate heat. Cook and stir sausage for 2 mins or until browned.
Add zucchini and capsicum; cook and stir for 2 mins or until tender. Stir through the pesto.
Spoon sausage mixture into baked potatoes; top with feta. Bake for 5 mins or until golden brown.
Photo: Pablo Martin/bauersyndication.com.au