Whip up this really satisfying pasta dish made with fresh linguine and juicy king prawns, spiced with garlic and red chillies.
- 750 g uncooked king prawns
- 1 quantity Fresh Pasta, cut into linguine, or 400 g dried linguine
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 small red chillies, seeded, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- Lemon halves, to serve
Shell and devein prawns. Butterfly prawns by cutting along the centre back without cutting all the way through.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve ½ cup cooking water, drain.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan for 1 to 2 mins or until just cooked through. Remove from pan.
Add remaining oil, garlic and chilli to pan; cook over medium to high heat for 1 min or until fragrant but not coloured.
Add the cooked pasta, prawn and chopped parsley to garlic mixture in pan. Toss to combine, adding a splash of reserved pasta cooking water if necessary. Serve with lemon halves and extra parsley.
Photo: John Paul Urizar/BauerSyndication.com.au