Feeling some wanderlust? Curb your travel itch with an exotic fish burger, which brings the fragrance of distinctive Thai flavours to your dinner table, with spices and ingredients such as kecap manis, red Thai chilli, lime juice and more.
- 500 g blue eye fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 fresh small red thai chilli, chopped coarsely
- 50 g green beans, trimmed, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup (20 g) fried shallots
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 60 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber (130 g), seeded, sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsps brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce, extra
- 4 hamburger buns
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) sweet chilli sauce
Blend or process fish, sauce, kecap manis, garlic and chilli until smooth. Combine fish mixture in large bowl with beans, shallots and coriander; shape into four patties.
Cook patties on heated oiled flat plate about 15 mins or until cooked. Transfer to a heatproof plate and keep warm.
Combine spinach, cucumber, juice, sugar and extra sauce in medium bowl.
Split buns in half; toast cut sides. Sandwich salad, patties and sweet chilli sauce between bun halves.