Elevate your regular toastie into a heavenly soufflé toast – a golden and airy delicacy with flavours from Worcestershire sauce, grated vintage cheddar, mustard and eggs. Works for both breakfast and lunch.
- 560 g multigrain sourdough bread, sliced
- 140 g vintage cheddar, coarsely grated
- 2 green onions, trimmed, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 250 g red grape tomatoes, halved
- 100 g baby rocket leaves
In a medium size bowl, combine cheese, onion, sauce, mustard and spice.
Separate eggs. Add egg yolks to cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into cheese mixture; season.
Place toast on oven tray; top with cheese mixture. Bake for about 5 mins, or until cheese is melted and browned lightly.
Divide tomato and rocket among serving plates; top with toasts. Serve immediately.